Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Does Inflammation Mean IBD?

05-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
SolisSpirit

My Support Groups:
Does Inflammation Mean IBD?

So, I'm still un-diagnosed at least until I get my test done on the 6th, but I have a question with regards to inflammation. I'm certain I have inflammation, because not only do I have eye-inflammation from time to time, I also sometimes feel like in the back of my neck (weird I know, but almost like tension), I have joint pain from time to time, and when I eat certain raw veggies I trigger inflammation for whatever reason. So, knowing that much, does the symptom of inflammation in my body, more particularly my bowels, automatically point towards IBD, or are there other causes for digestive inflammation? The reason I ask is because I want to say I already know its IBD just by the symptoms alone, and I honestly can't think of anything else it could be based on those symptoms. Thanks.
05-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
kiny

Inflammation doesn't mean you have crohn's disease or UC. There's plenty of other intestinal diseases that cause intestinal inflammation and look very similar to crohn's disease, intestinal tuberculosis, chronic granulomatous disease, etc. That's why they do biopsies to diagnose someone with crohn's disease, serum tests that check CRP is helpful later on after diagnosis, but to get the actual correct diagnosis you need a colonoscopy with biopsy, there are way too many diseases that mimic crohn's disease.
05-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
There are lots of different things than can cause intestinal inflammation( even bacterial and or parasitic infections). They say colonoscopy is the gold standard in terms of diagnosing crohns and other intestinal issues. Have you seen an eye doctor for the eye inflammation? What did they say it was?
05-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
There is also gastroenteritis and the Queen of England just recently had that stomach and intestinal inflammation. I think the difference is acute versus chronic. With chronic intestinal inflammation I think IBD needs to be seriously considered.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Does Inflammation Mean IBD?