Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Does anyone have cheese to go with my whine?

05-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
LindaS

My Support Groups:
Does anyone have cheese to go with my whine?

I just need to vent and whine a bit. My back is really bad right now. They aren't sure exactly what the problem is, as my MRI shows several possible problems. The doctors are going with degenerative arthritis in L4-L5, but I'm also having pain in my left buttock as well as severe pain in my lower back. On top of that, my Crohn's is really bothering me. I am at work today, and I just totally stunk up the ladies room. I always get so embarrassed by it, even though it isn't on purpose. I hate being in a public restroom for explosive diarrhea. But with my back hurting, the diarrhea is even more painful.

I had a cortisone injection on Friday to try to lessen the pain in my back, but in actuality, the pain is much worse. I don't get to participate as much with my son because the only way to alleviate the back pain is to lie flat on my back. Meanwhile, the house is a complete mess, even with my husband doing more than usual.

Thanks for listening.
05-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Sorry to hear this Linda - sounds like the sacroilietis flare I had a few years ago - I still get twinges, but nothing like the original flare - where if took me literally a half hour to get up one day! Same thing with me - flat on my back was the best position.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
05-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Mistybear

I stayed home from work today due to same problems. Trigger point injection coming my way! I feel for you!
05-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
lizbeth
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm having it now too, sounds just like sacroiliitus, I used to walk around (at home) with a hot water bottle stuck down the back of my trousers I looked silly but it did help ease it a bit. Hope it gets less painful very soon.
05-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
LindaS

My Support Groups:
My back doctor just called me back. She's ordering an MRI of the pelvis. She is thinking it is tendinitis of the butt. If it is, there aren't any treatments I can do due to the Crohn's (normal treatment is NSAIDs such as Advil).
05-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
lizbeth
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I saw a doctor last week who said the are other anti inflammatory meds that I could try but he didn't say what they were cos I'm seeing another doctor first, I had a pelvis mri last week too . Keep us posted as to how you get on.
05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
Lulubelle

My Support Groups:
Your title made me smile, and I didn't think I had a smile left today.

I am really sorry you are having the back issues along with everything else. I hope you find out what the problem is.

As for stinking up the joint...I totally understand. Before Crohn's I couldn't even "GO" in a public restroom. Now, I just pray I get there. As for the stinky part, I found this spray called "Poo Spray, " I think. (I left mine in my locker at the gym, but if you want tomorrow I can check and make sure that is the correct name and where to get it. ) Seriously, it works. You spray it on the water and the place smells nice and fresh, despite it all. For some reason, finding that spray seemed to make me feel a little more tolerant of the things I cannot control.

Hang in there. Thank you for making me smile.
06-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
Crohn's gal since 1989

My Support Groups:
Your title made me smile, and I didn't think I had a smile left today.

I am really sorry you are having the back issues along with everything else. I hope you find out what the problem is.

As for stinking up the joint...I totally understand. Before Crohn's I couldn't even "GO" in a public restroom. Now, I just pray I get there. As for the stinky part, I found this spray called "Poo Spray, " I think. (I left mine in my locker at the gym, but if you want tomorrow I can check and make sure that is the correct name and where to get it. ) Seriously, it works. You spray it on the water and the place smells nice and fresh, despite it all. For some reason, finding that spray seemed to make me feel a little more tolerant of the things I cannot control.

Walmart carries something called "just a drop" that claims to do the same thing! I stopped being embarrassed about the big D in public washrooms years ago. There are only 2 things you can be doing in there, and no ones washroom at home smells like roses! People need to grow up and get over themselves, everybody poops.
06-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #9
purdueCrohns
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Remember... everybody poops. We're just overachievers. I hope you feel better soon.
Claritin
Vitamin D (2000 IU)
In Remission since 2001

Remicade-induced Psoriasis
Pilonidal Disease

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Does anyone have cheese to go with my whine?