• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pancreas / Prednisone

Got back from my new GI & she is great. She is concerned about pancreas issues which can be cause by certain drugs. One, prednisone. Has anyone else dealt with this? I have to have colonoscopy # 7 & an endoscopy. I'm scared!

I am not familiar with this issue, but I am so happy you like the new doctor, as I know you were really worried about going to her.

She is amazing! I've never had an endoscopy which she could not believe. She did tons of blood work. I've lost 20 lbs in a short period of time. I'm scared to find out what's going on, but I know she will figure it out. The best thing I did was to make a consise list of dates , procedures, tests and meds. I has it in my IPhone. She appreciated that. I really am in good hands, so I stand corrected. Female GI's are awesome.

That is so great! I've only had wonderful experience with female GIs, especially understanding some of our unique concerns and issues. I am so happy for you! I hope she can help you quickly.