• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hernia after ileocolectomy

Has anyone experienced having a hernia after their surgery. I had an ileocolectomy a month ago. I have an appointment with my surgeon in a week. Just wondering if it is, was there a burning feeling near where the sutures were and what is the treatment for it if it is a hernia.

Sorry Leah for my ignorance, does a ileocolectomy result in a stoma?

I had a stoma 2 months ago and it prolapsed. This is similar to a hernia. I didn't feel any burning feeling. Although in the area around the stoma that prolapsed, where the sutures were, did have a burning sensation due to the ring around the baseplate not fitting properly.

The surgeon simply put me to sleep and pushed the prolapsed section back into place.

Ahh. Sorry.

I suppose the area around the sutures could be a weakpoint then, and liable to herniate. Sorry, no help here.

Terriernut

I have a parastomal hernia. It hurts alright! Appt with surgeon Thursday. They tend to fix hernias with mesh now, hope that is what they have in mind for you?

(Sharon....dont think that was a spam post)

Misty