• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Please help - anything I can take for nausea?

Oh dear, so it's after 3am in the morning and this time, stomach cramps and nausea have woken me up. Nausea has been 24 hours for 3 days now and every day it's a bit worse. Does anyone know how long this will last? (am only on day 12!) Also, has anyone tried anything that works for the nausea? Have tried Motileum that the pharmacist gave me, but doesn't seem to do anything. Last question I promise, does anyone know how long this side effect will last? Thanks so much for any input... :sign0085:

i take crytalised ginger for nausea, the hotter the better and quicker it works, its full of sugar which is not good, but better than nausea. good luck.

i take crytalised ginger for nausea, the hotter the better and quicker it works, its full of sugar which is not good, but better than nausea. good luck.
Thanks so much for that Trev, going to try and get some today.

My daughter had nausea for a a few weeks. We used anti nausea tablets that were prescribed by the GP.

Hopefully it goes away soon.

hawkeye

Staff member
I usually take Gravol when needed but it makes me very drowsy so I try to take 1/2 a tablet - ginger may be the way to go if you need to be awake and alert