Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran causing new moles?

05-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
zagi256

Imuran causing new moles?

So I've been on Imuran since late January and now I'm seeing moles appering on my belly, 5 new moles. But they are small, they look like a brown dot. Anyone knows what do to?
05-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Hi Zagi. I had the same thing a few months after starting on Imuran - around my upper chest and neck. My IBD nurse noticed them too and said to keep an eye on them and report if they kept getting bigger or darkened.
After a sort of initial crop of them broke out, I stopped getting new ones and they didnt seem to be be growing. I've been off it 6 months now but the moles are still there.
Try to stay out of the sun or wear sunscreen cos you burn easier on Imuran and some other medd like Mesalazine.

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
06-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
sickinlk
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have a good lot of them all over my body anyway especially the back. I started thinking I was getting more of them recently but its hard to tell unless I count them and see if they increase.
ju
steroid resistant
on remicade since sep'12. doubled the dose in june'13
May'13 added 6-mp. on 75mg.
CAme off remicade April '15, hoping to get back on it asap.
06-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
zagi256

Thanks, they just apper out of nowhere. I was kinda worried, it says that i should worried about them getting bigger, but never read about them appering. Thank you both
06-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Grey Hawk

Yep I have a ton on my body (probably around 40) since starting imuran a few years ago. Sucks, but thankfully they aren't visible if I have a shirt on.
06-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #6
Catherine

My Support Groups:
All moles which appear in adulthood should be checked by doctor as these moles are more likely to cause problems
06-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #7
sickinlk
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
people are we talking moles or dark freckles? I looked up the difference.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...=1005121503219 heres a link
I would say what I have is freckles due to sun exposure and Catherine is right. new moles should be checked.

ju

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran causing new moles?