Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Ask the Experts » Submit a Question » [Submitted] Medications for maintaining remission

06-01-2013, 03:18 AM   #1
highlandsrock

My Support Groups:
[Submitted] Medications for maintaining remission

I'd like to know what factors are taken into account in deciding whether or not a patient needs medication to maintain remission.

(The reason I ask is that since my reversal operation 2 years ago I've not been taking any medication for Crohn's and my consultant isn't proposing that I start but I read many posts from patients that have continued to take Imuran, etc after their operation)

Not taking Crohn's meds at present. In the past - pred, pentasa, aza, entocort, infliximab - with varying degrees of success

Currently on :
Loperamide to keep the BAM at bay
Propanolol/Omeprazole for PVT
B12 injections

Twitter - @crohnoid
06-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #2
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
I guess disease resistance to meds must be one factor. My GI has not put me on anything since the resection because of that. I had a brief spell of remission after 3 Infliximab infusions, but started getting symptoms again when they stopped it - was still on Azathioprine at that point.

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
06-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
highlandsrock

My Support Groups:
Thanks for the response Helen. I'm seeing my GI consultant on Monday week so will ask him the question.
10-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
David
Co-Founder

This question has been submitted.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Ask the Experts » Submit a Question » [Submitted] Medications for maintaining remission