• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nausea and vomiting with UC

Hello everyone, my name is Alecia Fulkerson. I am the mother of a beautiful 18 year old daughter named Alex who was diagnosed with UC 3 years ago. Wasn't too terrible at first, but has gotten worse. It has pretty much made her a little hermit crab, she doesn't want to be too far away from a restroom. She has 10 plus bathroom trips a day and hasn't had form to her stool in I can't tell you when. She is going through a flare up right now, and is feeling pretty pitiful, we had an appointment yesterday with a new GI doctor and he told us that she is definitely malnourished and her BMI is much lower than it should be.
What i'm concerned about is all the nausea and vomiting she has been having which has been going on now for about a month. She always feels the need to get sick when she is on the potty, does anyone else experience this problem?
The doctor has ordered her a hita scan to check her gall bladder and a 4th colonoscopy, really hoping that we can get some answers that we have been looking for.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi and welcome to our forum! :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is going through such a hard time. It's not only difficult for the one going through this, but also the loved ones closest to us. I think you'd benefit from our support group for parents. It's a wonderful group where the parents of children with IBD not only support each other, but also share what's helped their kids. We also have a chat room in case where a bunch of us meet to get to know each other.

I hope to see you around. Please let me know if I can help with any questions. Take care :)

Hello and welcome.
So sorry to hear about your girl. She should not be dealing with all this. What meds is she on?
Please feel free to join the Parents Forum. They've been a great support for me and will be for you.