• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I'm new here..

Good Morning to All,
I just want to take the time and introduce myself. My name is Patty and I'm a Crohn's Patient..I have been in remission since 2005, which makes me a very rare candidate for this disease, which i been told. Yesterday i experienced a small flare up and i must admit feeling scared. I DONT WANT THIS AGAIN..It has been such a small reminder of how intense this issue can get. There are so many people who have never heard of this disease, heck i never did either until it happened to me. It is so hard to explain it to others, they just dont phathom it unless they experience it themselves or has witness someone with it and what the person endures with this horrible disease..So therefore, i chose this forum to vent. I never thought of joining this before until last night. Now im glad i did. I'm sure i will feel welcome and fit right in here. My story is a very long one, im sure as everyone here is, so if you have any questions about my ordeal with crohn's, feel free to ask me. I feel that would be the easiest and shortest way to introduce myself other than my name, hahah..Thank you for having me.

Welcome Patty,
Sorry you are having issues after such a long remission and I hope you get everything back under control quickly.
I do not have Crohn's myself. My husband and son do.
What med's are you currently on?

my doc put me back on pentasa for the rest of my life, a few months ago. i started having issues back around nov, he did a colonoscopy and found that it is returning. he has always been stunned about my remission.
i would not wish this disease on my worst enemy