• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Azathioprine and photosensitivity

I have been on 100 mg of Azathioprine for the last two years, with Pentasa and Cipro, which put me in remission. I forgot all about the photosensitivity, and went out working in my garden all day without sunblock. I now look like a lobster. The sunburn from hell. Even the part in my hair got sunburned. I hope it does not blister and peel. The thought of getting skin cancer is scary. So a word of warning to you all, don't do what I did. Cover up and use sunblock. I think I am going to have a very painful night.

nogutsnoglory

Oh god sounds horrible. I am on cipro now and I go out for small bouts without sun screen. I know it's probably stupid but I'm stubborn and I hate sun screen.

I recommend pure aloe Vera for your burn it works really well.

I did not notice sun sensitivity too much last summer... But this spring and summer any amount of outside time and I feel deep burning in my skin. It's weird too feels both like a sunburn and feels deep in the skin for several days after hiding in shade. Also sometimes I peel and others I don't hadn't figured out why... Sun exposure is more or less the same.

Makes my summer time activities harder to do (Volunteer coaching, backpacking, and jogging). I am tempted to try some high SPF sunscreen but always hate how sunscreen/location stuff makes me feel.. Can't wait to shower after putting sunscreens on.

My skin also looks very old this year it's wired!!