Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Entocort Experiences?

06-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
greengables

Entocort Experiences?

Hi, I was just wondering, has anyone tried "entocort"? My doctor prescribed 3mg (3 daily) along with weekly humira injections. Any luck with this drug?
06-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Lanz

I am only on my second day of Entocort, I am taking 6mg per day. The doctor said that it will take time to notice a difference. He said each week you should notice slight improvements, but by all means, it does not work overnight. Good luck!
06-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I've had great success with Entocort. If you take it at the same time every day it helps it work even better. It is a steroid localized in the bowel and my GI recommended before 7 am to help it work with the adrenal gland's natural process. I hope it works for you!

I WILL STAY STRONG
I WILL FIGHT
I WILL WIN

Current Meds: Cimzia, Methotrexate, Prevacid, Sertraline, Nortryptaline, Prednisone, Atenelol
06-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
greengables

Thanks for the replies.

Jeanette, just wondering, if you take it at night will it have the same effect as prednisone (keep you up all night -_-) ?
06-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #5
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I never had that experience with Entocort, and before my doc's suggestion I did take it before bed.

I did have bone loss but as for the rest of prednisone's lovely effects, none of them.
06-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Floyd10

I've been on Entocort for 5 weeks now and i'd say i'm in about half the pain I was previously before I started the course. It does seem to keep me awake at night but once i'm asleep, its a very deep sleep.
06-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hopefully in 6 weeks you'll be pain free. Are you on 9mg or less?
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
Floyd10

Hopefully in 6 weeks you'll be pain free. Are you on 9mg or less?

I'm on 9mg per day at the minute. The doc wants me to reduce to 6mgs from next week onwards
06-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
Mountaingem
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Well, if you're still experiencing pain I would give him a call before tapering, just to make sure. I've had similar situations and they'll keep me at 9 for maybe two more weeks and then start the taper.
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
Jison0612

My Support Groups:
I've been on entocort 9mg a day for about a month it has really worked well healing up my fistulas and absess on my back side and is slowly te key word being SLOWLY helping my appitite and stomach inflamation and cramps I'll be in this dose for another 3 months then the dr well check my progress from there but over all it's been a good experience.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Entocort Experiences?