Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hello everyone being tested for ibd

06-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
nacho502

Hello everyone being tested for ibd

so I have been having problems with my stomach for awhile and in the last 4 months it has got very very bad. in the last month I lost over 30lbs because I couldn't keep any food down and the doctor I was goin to didn't seem to care nor give me any meds to help me out, so I got a new doctor but am still having trouble keep food down and then at work I hurt my lower back so im out on workers comp right now so things are a little tough right now. one thing I have noticed that seem to really help me keep food down which seems weird to me, but its the pain meds they gave me for my back. I can take one of the pain pills and wait 5-10mins then eat what ever and the food stays down without any problem so the next time I tried to eat I didn't take my pain med and like normal it came up and I was feeling very bad for rest of the day and then my stomach was hurting and the next day I was stuck in the bathroom. they did give me meds for my stomach and diarrhea.

I had a egd and colonoscopy done and they took a biopsy but it was done by the 1st doctor who didn't care I lost over 30 pounds in less then a month and he would only send half of the records over to the new doctor because he is a privet practice and has the right to hold what ever he wants come to find out.

sorry for the long story but im still alive and kicking and ill make it and still being tested all over again.
06-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
rygon

My Support Groups:
Hi. Thats bad from your old doc, at least have have got rid of him if he is like that. Doesnt sound like he has your health and wellbeing in mind if hes holding back info.

I find snacking is best for me. Eating big meals or foods high in fat/sugar makes me uncomfortable (and feel sick). It would be worth looking to see if theres any pattern it what makes you feel ill as there are some trigger foods for people such as corn, wholewheat, onions etc

Good luck with your new doc and hope the tests help out to finding whats wrong
06-26-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
nacho502

thanks. the new doc had me do a 4 hour digestion test and I had to eat eggs then get a xray of my stomach every 45mins to see if everything was digesting like it should and I go back Friday to see what he has to say.

does anyone on here know why I can take a pain pill and eat and be fine but if I don't take the pain pill and then eat I start having problems?????
I DO NOT LIKE TAKING THESE PAIN MEDS, THEY ARE FOR MY BACK INJURY BUT THEY SEEM TO BE HELPING MY STOMACH SO I CAN EAT.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hello everyone being tested for ibd