Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Non-Rebatable tests in Australia

11-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #31
Ams-Qld

Thanks Catherine, glad to know I am not the only one who has had to repeat an MRE! Yeah we will pay the extra dollars if need be and go to a place that does them all the time, the lessons we learn! Samboi, I will have to make sure we keep all our receipts and stuff, I definitely think we will have some significant deductions this year!!
Son with Crohn's, Dx at age 10 - 4 years ago. Anaemia of chronic disease (first iron infusion Dec 2013) Peri-anal abscesses (Aug 2012) that formed fistulae (early 2013). Began 8 weeks of EEN in Dec 2013 via ng tube.
Current Meds: Imuran (25mg) morning and night. Previous Meds: Pred, Flagyl, Cipro. Allopurinol.
Please take my thoughts and experiences as mine alone; I am not a medical professional and my humble opinions are not to be taken as advice! Blessings to you and yours!
12-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #32
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Dusty, Would it be cheating the system if I got the next one done in NSW.
Nope, there isnít even a fence between us.

I will see what I can find out about the item number Catherine.

Dusty. xxx
02-18-2014, 04:53 AM   #33
DustyKat
Super Moderator

@ Catherine:

Okay, so after asking twice if they could give the item number, and receiving no response back, I was on the phone to the lab today on an unrelated matter. Before ringing off I asked if they could please look up the item number. So the lass went through Thiopurine Metabolites and the various links that came up 6MMP, 6TGN, Imuran, Mercaptopurine. Nothing had an item number or code attached to it.

I assume this may be one reason they didnít get back to me?

The bloods are sent to Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney. The pathology department goes under the acronym SEALS (South Eastern Area Laboratory Services) and it states: As part of NSW Health Pathology, is a fully accredited, publicly owned Ďnot-for-profití pathology service. I guess that maybe they bulk bill hence why the test is free??
09-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #34
Catherine

My Support Groups:
Dorevitch are still changing $40 for the calprotectin testing.

They have just charges us $250 for 6TGN/6MMP, after quoting my daughter $140. This is more then that she earns.

I now been told by Melbourne Pathology, that they sent the test to Royal Brisbane Hospital, have spoken to Brisbane who have advised they will try and bulk bill, it they can't as we live out of state they will try to charge us $34.80

Make sure you get quote before having this test performed.
Small bowel to small bowel fistula

Meds: ), azathioprine 200mg, Mesalazine 1.2g x 2, seretide 250 x 2 (asthma), ventolin (as needed)

Currently no supplements.

Has previously taken Multi B, Caltrate, B12 & Iron

Prednisolone (from 30 mg 01/02/2012 to 17/06/2012, 30mg 24/10/12-28/12/12, 50mg 24/1/13-27/4/13)

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Non-Rebatable tests in Australia