• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice please ?

Hiya im new to this as I have only been diagnosed for 2months with crohns/colitis would like some advice well... I have it in my anus :-/ and bleed everytime I go to the toilet been on steroids and other treatment but nothink has helped or even calmed it down :-( had MRI last week to see is my small intestines is effected to has anyone got this ? If so dp you no what they will next as im not responding to treatment ? Thank you x
Also been bleeding for 2months now :(

Last edited:
First off, welcome to the forum!!! Sorry for what you are going through.:pale:I can't help you as I donot have that, but if you go to the main forum page and checkout all the threads about similar symptoms,I'm sure you will find something to help. Also someone who knows about this will come to your aid shortly, I'm sure.Many very knowledgable people are on this forum! Hope you get some real help soon and God bless!!!:rosette2:

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Hello there and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis but know that you have plenty of support here on the forum.

I wanted to ask a few questions to see if we can help you figure out what might be going on.

I see you are recently diagnosed. How long have you been experiencing symptoms, especially the bleeding? What does your doctor say about your bleeding/where does he think it is coming from and what are the tests that he has performed besides the MRI?

What medications are you currently on to help?

What is the color of the blood when you pass it? How much blood do you pass each time?

(I just got dizzy asking all of that, hope I didn't overwhelm you!)

Hiya im new to this as I have only been diagnosed for 2months with crohns/colitis would like some advice well... I have it in my anus :-/ and bleed everytime I go to the toilet been on steroids and other treatment but nothink has helped or even calmed it down :-( had MRI last week to see is my small intestines is effected to has anyone got this ? If so dp you no what they will next as im not responding to treatment ? Thank you x
Also been bleeding for 2months now :(

Hi I have been bleeding now 2months :-( I've had suppositories and they made bleeding worse I've also had steroid foam that didn't work so I was put on tablet form steroid that didn't work so now they called me steroid un reactive :-/ I started a new treatment tablet summat prine sorry carnt remember the word. And I was constant bleeding and been sick so now my gp has stopped that and also doctors saying its coming from my ulcers as I have them from my anus 30cm up my bowel and the blood is bright red although the other day was darker than normal Thank you for your help :) x

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
Hi I have been bleeding now 2months :-( I've had suppositories and they made bleeding worse I've also had steroid foam that didn't work so I was put on tablet form steroid that didn't work so now they called me steroid un reactive :-/ I started a new treatment tablet summat prine sorry carnt remember the word. And I was constant bleeding and been sick so now my gp has stopped that and also doctors saying its coming from my ulcers as I have them from my anus 30cm up my bowel and the blood is bright red although the other day was darker than normal Thank you for your help :) x
Oh my, I'm very sorry to hear this. It's unfortunate that steroids haven't work for you. :( They are typically the first things docs go to for a quick fix and they usually stop the bleeding for many. There are steroid infusions you can receive at a hospital and be monitored while on it and I have heard there are also steroid enemas, though I have never tried them myself. Have you looked into this? I also have bleeding ulcers in my colon but the steroids have been the only things to clear them up. Hopefully my new medication 6MP will keep them from bleeding and help me continue to heal but time will tell as it is still a fairly new treatment for me myself. Make sure you are talking to your doctor about all of your treatment options. And of course, as you already know, you want to make sure that bleeding is one of the first things they are able to take care of.

I wish there were more answers we could offer you. But you are still being tested and fairly new to the diagnosis so I'm glad your doctors are taking it seriously and taking appropriate steps to examine your bleeding through testing. I'm assuming you have had a colonoscopy as well?...Hopefully the results from your recent test last week will help to give a clearer picture for you with regards to the source of bleeding and any inflammation or complications that you may have. Let us know how everything goes :hug:

Yes I've had colonoscopy :-/ that's how they found ulcers :( at first I didn't bleed its only past 2months I've been bleeding and yes had steroids up my bum they don't work think there thinking of putting me on a drip or injecting myself hopefully one works as I am very fed as specially as I have a three year old to look after there waiting on my MRI results now so we will see the out come thanx for all your help means alot and I hope ur feeling well your self :) x