Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Incessantly angry, What can I take

07-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
MissKit

Incessantly angry, What can I take

Hi My name is Kit and I have Crohns

I started remicade infusions on Thursday of last week and I have been extremely moody. I have been diagnosed with bi polar, with my symptoms fitting Bipolar 1 disorder so I'm assuming that is what the medicine has agitated.

Today has been the worst of all, I've been raging for hours all day long I havent stopped being angry, only calmed down at certain points. I just smashed a mirror bc I was pissed off I threw my ps3 controller on the floor and its in a hundred pieces... I did that bc Its the third time i got it back from 3 different individuals that i live with and it had parts ripped off or broken. Why do other people get to destroy my shit? I want to have the chance to destroy my own things! So I did.

I have never been so easily triggered into such fits of rage, I'm starting to think I need to be on Valium or anything really, buying weed is a real stress for me and I would gladly take it regularly if I could get it prescribed in texas

I have another infusion in a week, what if my mood swings only get worse??

Any advice on things to try or ask my doctor for?
07-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
You were diagnosed with bipolar disorder this week? Or are you saying you had it and think it may have been aggravated by Remicade?
07-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
MissKit

I was diagnosed 4 years ago but stopped seeing the family psych that saw me.
07-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
It sounds like you may need to see someone and take some medication to feel better.
07-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Yes, I'm sure you already know this, but bipolar disorder is best kept under wraps with therapy and maintenance medication.

While I am not aware of the Remicade itself listing mental instability as a side effect. The act of going through treatment, dealing with its side effects, worrying about the risks of future side effects, and just living with crohn's in general can cause lots of physical and mental stress. I imagine for someone with bipolar disorder that it would aggravate your condition because of all you have to try and deal with on top of your previous health conditions.

Definitely getting back into therapy sounds like a good start. That way they can not only help you manage your bipolar disorder, but help teach you how to manage it while dealing with a chronic illness.

Hope you start to feel better soon.
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

07-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #6
Spooky1
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I must say I do notice my angry mood just before a bad flare! is it possible that you are about to suffer physically a little more?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Mental Health Support » Incessantly angry, What can I take