Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Medical tests for work...

07-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Medical tests for work...

Hi.
I'm doing this medical type test for my work in the morning at 11am. Unfortunately, I have to fast in order to do this and it's required for me for my medical insurance for 2014. Not looking forward to it because whenever I don't eat, I get nausea and stomach pain and generally just don't feel good.

The last time I ate was about 10 till 10pm. All I can really have is water until the test is done & I'm already not feeling good. I know that I'll get through this, but it's not going to be easy. Thanks for listening.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
07-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #2
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thinking of you and hoping you get through the tests without too much discomfort.

Dusty. xxx
07-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Thanks Dusty Will keep you updated on how things go!
07-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
UnXmas
Banned

My Support Groups:
What type of test are you having? If you're allowed to drink, maybe you could take some anti-nausea meds? Hope it goes well. At least you can look forward to eating when it's done - when I've had to fast before tests I plan some edible treats for after it's done.
07-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I feel for you, Cross-stitch, my stomach doesn't like it either when I don't eat for an extended period of time. If I skip dinner, I will feel awful the next day. I hope things went okay with the fasting and the test. Let's see, it's 1 PM here, so I think that means it's 11 AM in Washington now? So hopefully that means you've just had the test and are eating something delicious right now.
07-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I passed! Now, to eat something!!!!!!

The test consisted of: Blood pressure, LDL/HDL, Blood Glucose, BMI/Waist Circumference. He drew blood from my finger for most of it. Took my height and had a special scale that weighed me along with showing my BMI and a couple other things. All in all took about 1/2 hour.

Got nausea and haven't been feeling good. But, no pain! Thankfully I don't have to do this again till next year around this time. Yippee Thanks everybody!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Medical tests for work...