• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Never Want to take Prednisone Again

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I'm sorry you had a hard time with prednisone. It really is a difficult drug to handle and while it helps my crohn's flares, I hope I never have to go back on it again as well (as do many of us on this forum)

Hopefully by now you are off and most if not all of your symptoms have subsided. :hug:

I'm with you! I call Prednisone the devil drug!!! It's not worth it! I gained 30 pounds, my face blew up like a balloon, my acne was horrible! I felt horrible in general! Never again!!! Budesonide is the stuff!

It's funny I've been kind of missing it lately. For a while on prednisone I hated it, but then I got prescribed amitriptyline to take in addition to treat the restlessness and insomnia, and with those side effect treated I felt better than ever. I still did not like the hair growth, but my emotionally I felt really really good.