• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to group old to crohns

Hi,
I have been suffering from crohn's disease since I was ten. I am 36 now. Like many of you I have always felt like a burden through my troubles with diet and numerous surgeries. In feeling like this I have internalized everything for 26 years now. I have been very stressed and am now starting to crack. I recently started seeing a therapist and she suggested joining a forum... so here I am because who understands us better than us. I'm so glad I found you all!

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to the forum, so glad you can join us. This disease takes a heavy toll physically and mentally. I'm a strong person and have persevered a lot in life not just Crohn's but lately I'm having a bit of a break down too, so know you aren't alone in that. I think it's great you are seeing someone. Maybe they can also suggest a psychiatrist who can prescribe some anti-anxiety meds. This forum is a great place because we all get what you are going through.

Depression and anxiety are very common among users here because let's face it our lives are seriously impacted by this illness. I recommend surfing around the forum and participating but also be sure to check out our mental health sub-forum http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77