• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New starter

hi everybody, my name is mke, 53 years old and live in Carlisle England, I have just been diagnosed with crohns after various test etc etc, so for my first post a nice easy couple of questions, had my last cup of coffee approx. 3 weeks ago just drink tea now and also green tea ,any body got any views on this does it help, and also manuka honey was recommended again any views at all, many thanks , mike

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I don't drink coffee but have cut out energy drinks with high levels of caffeine in them as I found they do upset my stomach. With tea I haven't noticed that it makes any difference to me but I don't drink too much of it.
I have never tried manuka honey I have heard mixed things about it and that it can also be expensive, hopefully someone else on the forum maybe able to give you some more information.

scottsma

Hi Mke and welcome to the forum.I can't help with either of your questions,but people who can will be along soon with their experiances on the subject.You will find the quote "everybodies different" repeated often.So what works for some,does'nt work for others.Hope today's a GOOD day for you.

nogutsnoglory

Green tea is definitely healthy and in large doses studies show it can be anti-inflammatory. As for Manuka honey it is certainly a healthy natural anti microbial to add on. Some ancient societies reportedly used honey to curb diarrhea. Whether these things will make a difference in your disease, probably not but it certainly is healthy and harmless in normal quantities.

Hi Mike

I don't drink tea or coffee. I did an elimination diet about four years ago and found I am intolerant to both. I can't tolerate green tea or white tea either! Just herbal teas for me Im afraid.

Hi Mike, I've found that drinking at least 8 cups of either water or herbal tea per day helps me in lots of ways : )