• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Carry on or not?

Hey, so I'm having my first operation next week (worried) and I've been given the choice of weather to carry on with azathioprine or not. What do you think?

My operation is an ileocolic resection by laparoscopic.
Also since I've been on ng feeds for 9 weeks will this slow down the process of starting to eat again?

Thanks x
K

nogutsnoglory

You probably need to stop most or all medications 10 days prior to surgery anyway. Did they tell you that? Personally if this drug landed you in surgery it's not doing the trick and id look at other options. It's best to consult with your doctor about options and what they think is best.

They have said day before for me, I was on inflix and aza and they don't this ether were working so good point there. Doctor said its upto me what I do. Said ether wait and see if anything happens after 6 months or a year after op or carry on.

nogutsnoglory

I had the choice to continue 6mp after surgery and chose not to because it didn't prevent surgery. I know sometimes a med alone can't be held responsible but I'd personally try something else if possible.