• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

6mp not as scary as i thought it would be

so ive been on my 6mp now for five days and no dramas anywhere. This is a major relief. I dont know if its doing me any good yet, getting my first lot of bloods in two days, so will find out if its doing me any bad, but so far no problems. Since im only on 50 to start with im hopin when i up it that no problems happen then.

I couldnt work out when the best time to take it would be, so I stuck with taking it first thing in the morning.

roll out of bed, take tablet, make coffee, drink coffee, while leisurely strolling through the internets, let that take the recommended half an hour the bottle said to wait before food. Eat some breaky, take my pred, take my sulfasalazines, take my contraceptive, and move on with the day.

No nausea, no cramps, no headaches, no nothing. Is everyone keeping their fingers crossed for me?

nogutsnoglory

Keeping fingers crossed and glad you aren't having side effects. As for if its helping it will take about 3 months to know.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I'm glad you are finding that you have no side effects. And I hope that your blood tests show that you are doing just fine. 50 is a low start. Most therapeutic dosages tend to be between 75 and 150mg. I started at 75 and my blood work was pretty good, but I was under the therapeutic dose so they upped me to 100 last month. So far no side effects still.

Fingers definitely crossed that you continue to see no side effects and that you are able to achieve remission very soon! :hug:

so ive been on my 6mp now for five days and no dramas anywhere. This is a major relief. I dont know if its doing me any good yet, getting my first lot of bloods in two days, so will find out if its doing me any bad, but so far no problems. Since im only on 50 to start with im hopin when i up it that no problems happen then.

I couldnt work out when the best time to take it would be, so I stuck with taking it first thing in the morning.

roll out of bed, take tablet, make coffee, drink coffee, while leisurely strolling through the internets, let that take the recommended half an hour the bottle said to wait before food. Eat some breaky, take my pred, take my sulfasalazines, take my contraceptive, and move on with the day.

No nausea, no cramps, no headaches, no nothing. Is everyone keeping their fingers crossed for me?

I take 6mp and sulfasalazine daily also prednisone when I have new inflammation. I find it hard once I started to get better after I was first diagnosed to remember to take all my pills everyday. But when I have a flare I am back to taking them religiously lol. I find I get A lot of bad headaches and I am not sure if its the 6mp or the sulfasalazine. But If I don't take anything for one or two days, no headaches. Anyone else get this?