Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Humira, Remicade, Imuran???

03-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
AIjen

Humira, Remicade, Imuran???

Can someone please explain to me the difference between Humira, Remicade, and Imuran? Other than the cost, which is astounding (except for Imuran). These are my choices and my rheumatologist and GI doctors have discussed my treatment options and they seem to be set on Humira. My insurance apparently doesn't cover Humira (or Remicade) just at a glance, so my hubby wants to know what the difference is between Remicade or Humira and Imuran. Remicade and Humira seem to be in the same class.
Current Diagnoses: Asthma (Can't remember), Hashimoto's (June 07), Psoriasis (March 08), Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (Jan. 08), Fibromyalgia (Jan. 08), Crohn's (Dec. 08), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (June 12)

Current Medications: Levothyroxin, Lyrica, Advair, Cimzia, Zyrtec, and Prevacid. Back on Pentassa 12/04/12.
03-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
Jonhenry

I did remicade but had an allergic reaction. I'm waiting to get a GI or GP to give me a script and fill out the patient assistance for humira. I'm having joint problems as well as gi problems. It seems to be the best bet. I haven't been offered imuran so I don't know what other benefits it offers. I hear some good stuff about humira, and i'd like to try it myself. At least on a trial basis.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Humira, Remicade, Imuran???