• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

:bigwave: I am a Freelance Photographer…and I happen to be living with

I enjoying doing all kinds of photography but i would have to say street photography is my favourite.
I work with event and advertising photography I also work with portrait photography.
I also enjoy writing and i’m going to be working more on my journalism skills. I want to become either a photographic journalist or a documentary photographer.
Feel free to check out all my photos and give me feed back.

Here’s some of my personal story,
I grow up in wonderful Moncton New Brunswick moved to Quebec with most of my family at the age of 8 we lived in a small desolate country area where I believe my love for photography transpired it was a beautiful place with a valley view to die for, and only a 15 minute muddy frost trail walk away from a cascading waterfall…
It was a breath taking place we lived in that same house for about 8 years then moved 30 minutes away to a small town but as most people do , I yearn for more then the quite calming sights and sounds of the country valley, I yearn for the busy thought provoking loud hustle and bustle of the city, where I can sit back and have a outsiders insight on the lives of others, where I can capture a moment in time of a a unknown person’s existences a moment they will never get back or even acknowledge. But that chapter in my lives story is still to come.
One chapter that has happened and ended just recently was my diagnosis with Crohn’s disease in April 2012 “which was not an easy read to get through,” There was a time in the meddle of the chapter where it looked like it may end sooner then expected but I pulled through with the help of my doctor finding the right diagnosis and not soon after the right medication which my body took to almost immediately and only 1 year later here I am in remission ready to move out on my own and begin the next chapter.
As of this fall I will be taking a Interior decorating and display course and soon after i complete that I will move to Toronto to pursue my photography career and I will use the knowledge I gain from the Interior decorating and display course to get a job in event planing…etc as i build up my Photography career.

afidz

Super Moderator
Hello and welcome!
Thanks for sharing! Great job on getting into remission, I hope that you continue to do well so you can pursue your dreams in photography. Do you mind sharing what meds your on that helped you achieve remission?

Thank you , and yes of course...
I was on prednisone (80mg) along with Purinetol (50mg) + vitamins for about 4 month's Then was told to start weening off prednisone then once i was done I was on Purinetol (50mg) along with some kind of antibiotic for 2 1/2 months (i can not remember the name of it ) and now I am just on the Purinetol (50mg).
I believe what helped me stay in remission/avoid getting sick I stared to drink a vitamin drink call "Boost" everyday over the winter ,that helped me get all the vitamins i needed + energy for yoga/zumba which in turn helps me stay healthy "I now do not drink it everyday" I will drink one once in awhile. That being said, for anyone whom may have a hard time eating and/or is low on energy I strongly recommend drinking Boost, I also recommend doing yoga and/or zumba it helps you stay active , yoga helps you to relax it also helped me while i had a form of arthritis during my flare up to loosen up my joints and over all in life its fun and it makes you feel good! so why not, if you are worried about...well "passing gas" during a yoga routine you don't even have to go out and join a yoga and/or zumba group you can do it from the comfort of your own home with the help of the internet or buy the ( wii Zumba ) game for wii or the ( wii fit ) game! so those are my recommendations :) .

PS: you shouldn't worry about "passing gas" during a yoga routine, it is a natural acres for anybody doing yoga and if a little "fart" ruins someone else's whole day in the class then i'm sorry they have the problem not you.