• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gluten Free Black Bean Brownies

crohnsinct

OK You people in the gluten free gang for sure know about these so forgive me as I crawl out from under my rock. These brownies are delish! I made them for a BBQ today and everyone raved about them and asked for the recipe. Do I dare tell my kids what is in them?

Anyway, not vegan although I am sure you could make them vegan. Also, not exactly super healthy or non fattening. BUT I really like the sneaking in of the black beans. If you are going to eat a brownie you mine as well get some fiber and protein while you are at it.

I doubled the recipe and made a 13X9 pan.

Ingredients
•1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15½ oz)
•2 eggs
•3 tbsp vegetable oil
•½ cup granulated sugar
•¼ cup and 1 tbsp cocoa powder
•1 tsp baking powder
•⅛ tsp salt
•1 tsp vanilla
•Semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping (optional)

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on low until all ingredients are well blended (there should not be any whole black beans in the batter!).
3.Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish and pour batter inside.
4.Top with chocolate chips or nuts if desired.
5.Bake for 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean after inserting in the center.
6.Cool for 30 minutes before cutting and serving (otherwise they will fall apart).