• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed with Acute ileitis

Hey everyone!

My name's Jonny and I have recently been diagnosed with Acute ileitis. There was no mention of Crohn's but I'll have to wait till I see the consultant.

Bit random getting it when I'm 25. It all started with a Stomach bug I had just before Christmas and it never seemed to fully go away.

I get flares ups on occasions but have been feeling better since i started fasting, resting and going on a vegan diet. I also take digestive enzymes and a good brand of probiotics. I refuse to let this take over my life and believe that my God, that is Jesus is bigger than all this.

I feel a bit lost with everything that's said on the internet and just pray for clarity and for symptoms to stay at a low and controllable level.

So anywayssss, I just wanted to say Hi and introduce my self!

Every blessing,

Jonny

Hiya Jonny, welcome to the forum. :bigwave:

I have read that there are many suspected causes of AI, and not all of them are Crohns related.
I hope you meet with your consultant soon, so you can get the answers you need to help you in treating this.

Continued good wishes for better health!