Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran Injections - Has anyone tried them?

08-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Careyearl

My Support Groups:
Imuran Injections - Has anyone tried them?

Saw my GI this week and since I can't get approval from the government to go on humira he is going to put me on imuran injections once a week at 25 mg (I think mg but it was 25 something). Anyone else been on the injections. He was saying that it should work fairly quickly. I was reading about daily injections but he definitely said only once a week as there was a case of a lady on daily injections from a town near here that died from too much of the drug. Looking for input. Also on Pentasa but no steroids due to being a brittle diabetic (as the Dr has referred to).
08-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #2
rollinstone

I didn't know you could get Imuran injections (didn't know it came like that) that's pretty cool that it works quicker
08-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I haven't but here's information on it: http://www.medicinenet.com/azathiopr...tion/page2.htm Seems like it can be taken daily or every other day (its referring to arthritis though yet it says it can take up to 2 months to notice any effect). I'm sure the dose plays a major factor though. Once a week sounds more like Methotrexate. Either way be sure to stay on top of your blood work (should be done at least once a month) and inform your doctor of any side effects right away.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » Imuran Injections - Has anyone tried them?