• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just a rant, I apologize

The past few days have been rough. I've been having horrible stomach cramping and been visiting the bathroom more than I want to. I'm pretty sure it was something I ate that caused this, but I'm not sure what exactly. I'm only currently taking 20mg of prednisone. I've also had bad back pain since it all started and been feeling run down. No energy, but pretty sure it's due to my frequent bathroom trips. I'm still able to keep food down so yay for that. Just tired of this never ending flare up. Sorry for the rant, just need to get it out before I freak out.

No fun, hate days like this. Thankful to have a smart phone tho, makes days stuck in the bathroom a lot more fun. Download some good games or maybe look at funny cat pictures! Might help a little bit. Sorry you are flaring! :)

afidz

Super Moderator
Sorry you aren't feeling well :hug:
How long have you been on 20 mg of prednisone? I am assuming you are in the middle of a taper. A lot of times as you taper off of prednisone your flare symptoms can come back as inflammation increases. This might be your case.
Have you had blood levels checked lately? Things that contribute to fatigue are iron, vitamin D and potassium. If you are dehydrated from going to the bathroom so much, your electrolytes might be low, eat a banana or drink some gatorade, you might see some improvement. And then ofcourse the main reason for being tired is simply the fact that your body is under attack and its fighting. It takes energy. Give into it. Help your body heal to the best of your ability.

No reason to apologize - sometimes you just need to let off some of the pressure. Many of us share your frustration - hang in there and rant if you need to!

Thanks guys for the responses. This is why I love this site, everyone has been there. I've been on 20mg prednisone for a few months now. Was supposed to be coming off it and start Humira, but started having problems when I went down to 10mg so I asked to be kept on 20. Thought I would have started Humira by now, but my doctor's office seems to not think it's a major concern. I'm staying on top of them though. I get to take this medicine for free for a year so I want to get on it asap! Thank you all for listening. Some days are good and some days I wish I could crawl into a cave. Looking forward to feeling relief!

Sorry to hear about your un-ending flare up Casey. I feel for you as I had a flare that put me in the hospital last Feb and it never completely went away. Back on prednisone in full flare/pain right now. I hope we can both be feeling more normal soon!

Sorry to hear about your flare as well badbelly. I hope your medication starts working so you won't be in pain. Tough to take at times, but I try and look on the bright side of it. At least we're not in the hospital!