• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Gallbladder surgery on 14th Aug

I am booked in for my next surgery on 14th August. At the moment I am starting to feel like an experiment in how much you can cut out of a person and still function normally, with my terminal ileum, appendix, cecum, cecal valve, ascending colon and a couple of chunks of my sigmoid colon going last year. At the moment, the plan is to do it as a laparoscopic procedure, but given my surgical (resection by laparotomy) and illness history I may end up being opened up. Fingers crossed for the 'scope as it is a day case and I am not in the mood for a week in bed on morphine!

Honey

Staff member
Hi there, JMC
You certainly have been having a tough time of it! So sorry. I wish you well again soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes.

I had my gallbladder removed 10 years ago. The surgeon attempted to do it laparoscopically, but due to a belly full of scar tissue, it was converted to an open procedure. I was only kept in the hospital overnight and sent home with hydrocodone. Took a week off and then was back to normal activity other than restricted lifting. Even as an open procedure, it was definitely the easiest operation I've experienced.

Good luck with your surgery JMC.
I had mine removed last year.
Like Toothy - I was also surprised at the rapid recovery time.
Hope yours goes quickly and you feel better soon.

Thank-you so much for the positive stories about quick recovery, made me feel a lot better about next week!

At the hospital now so just sitting and waiting. I am expecting to go down to theatre at about 5pm so not long now.

The surgery was done with a laparoscope and I feel really good today so should be going home later!