• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Nervous

So next week I am travelling for work to Chicago, I am so nervous as I have to bring a shot with me...keep it cold...worried about fridges and stuff. I emailed the hotel and heard nothing:shifty:
AND....I am sharing a room with 2 coworkers....going to have a diet that not really in my control...:eek:
I can feel my insides tangling up each day more and more as the day comes closer:sign0085:

nogutsnoglory

Is there any way to take the injection before you go or would this majorly mess up your routine? Be prepared to carry the cooling pack and container Humira sent you and documentation for Homeland Security giving you permission to bring it on board. I would not check this in a bag.

I would demand to speak with a hotel manager and say you need to know how to get a fridge in your room and what temp it will be. Humira needs to be stored at a certain range.

As for food, try bringing some snacks you know are safe. In Chicago there are going to be so many options that I am sure you will find places that can accommodate you all.

I travelled within Canada recently and had no trouble. Had the pen in my carry on in its box with the prescription label on it and they didn't bat an eye.

Humira can be out of the fridge up to 14 days at a temp not exceeding either 23 or 25 degrees C. Check the insert - you might not have to keep it cold.

I just use a little insulated lunch bag and freezer pack. Always carry on your meds, never check them. Hotels have been accommodating with a mini fridge or replacing one that doesn't cool well. You can ask for a sharps container as well, though many times they are the smaller ones but they will dispose of the pen after use. It will work out well for you.

So next week I am travelling for work to Chicago, I am so nervous as I have to bring a shot with me...keep it cold...worried about fridges and stuff. I emailed the hotel and heard nothing:shifty:
AND....I am sharing a room with 2 coworkers....going to have a diet that not really in my control...:eek:
I can feel my insides tangling up each day more and more as the day comes closer:sign0085:
Maybe bring some foods along just in case they don't have your type of food plan. I always take crackers, pretzels or things that I know I can tolerate. Always carry cholestyramine for Diarrhea and immodium, extra pads etc.... It can be managable if you think it through before you leave.:)

I can understand your worry.

I was traveling last week and missed my Humira-versary shot by three days (due for shot on Friday and did not get shot until Monday). I did not notice any problems. My doc told me to take the next shot the Sunday of my Humira-versary, the one after that on Saturday 13 days hence, and finally the next one back on my original Friday Humira-versary.

The hotel should accomodate you. I have travelled and the hotels always cooperated. Taking your shot a day before or a few days after your scheduled shot should not be a problem, i do all the time when I must.

Good Luck