• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira injections

Hi am a new member and just been diagnosed with crohn's, I also have rheumatoid arthritis so have been put on 'Humira' which is effective for the RA and Crohn's, am struggling a bit with my joints does anyone know how long it takes to kick in???:(

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Hi Nia - welcome to the forum! My Humira started kicking in on day 6 after the first injections, but it is different for everyone. How many injections have you had? Are you taking anything else?
Hope you start feeling it working really soon!

Only taken one injection two weeks ago, also on small dose prednisolone, but disaster...I came out in a rash which has now completely covered me... I look like an aubergine...so they are looking at thing tomorrow, am so disappointed because this drug seemed the answer to all my probs!
thanks for responding!

am now off humira......too bad a reaction...clearing the system, doubled prednisolene dose,then hoping to go on inflixumab and methitrexate! oh well!!!