Share Facebook

08-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #31
Kit

Thanks for the information! I always like gentle Yoga videos.
Kit.
09-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #32
javanov

My Support Groups:
Excellent idea for a group, thanks for starting this
10-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #33
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
I'm finally getting into a groove of going to classes. I'm loving it. I've missed feeling strong.
10-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #34
Kit

Go Nancy! Keep it up!
03-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #35
duh panda

My Support Groups:
One of my main concerns with practicing yoga while flaring is over extension due to increased flexibility because of weight/ muscle loss. I find yoga almost works against my goals if I don't have a foundation of strength to work on - something that really comes and goes in my experience of Crohn's. Because of this I certainly hit starts and stops in my practice when I'd like to maintain the overall feeling of a settled mind and better body awareness not always focused on my gut or pain levels.

While it doesn't have to do with yoga per say - my mom's gotten me into trying Jane Fonda workouts from the 80's. There is something reminiscent in how playful it is (an aspect that's certainly been missing in my yoga practices since not having the strength to do full asanas) that seems to really be bringing it back together.

Figured I'd mention it on here for those who love yoga but might be feeling a bit to serious with their practice!
04-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #36
kaydee

My Support Groups:
Ooooh count me in to this thread! I started going to yoga while writing my thesis, to ease out my shoulders, but the calmness and the breathing exercises really helped my nasty Crohns cramps. Namaste peeps!
12-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #37
Christi

My Support Groups:
Can we still join?
12-30-2015, 12:47 AM   #38
deep_hazra

My Support Groups:
Yes....You surely can...!!!
12-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #39
Christi

My Support Groups:
Awesome i could not do yoga for a while in a flare now but hoping to start again soon i miss that its so nice
03-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #40
Susan2

My Support Groups:
I do yin yoga with a young lady (I am over 70. so she seems very young ). This type of yoga is more passive and involves stretching and holding the stretches, accessing the deep connective tissue and fascia. Unlike other yoga practices, the aim is to relax into the posture. It increases flexibility and mobility of the joints but also helps coping with anxiety and stress by calming and balancing the mind and body.

I found that it took a few sessions to understand the concept but now come away with my body feeling somehow 'lighter' and freer.
Currently on no medications, but under constant gaze of very caring GP, with annual blood and other tests.