• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Azathioprine- missed doses?

Hi, I have come away for work for a couple of nights and realised I have forgotten to pack my Azathioprine tablets (I take 150mg every evening). Aaaaaargh.

As things stand I will miss 2 doses unless I embark on a complicated journey tomorrow night or try to get an emergency prescription somehow.

The drugs guidance leaflet says to 'contact your doctor' if you miss more than one dose.

Do any of you have any useful advice/experience in this area that you can share?

Thank you, Emma

rygon

Unlike pred, there are no adverse effects from stopping aza. Ive missed 2-3 days worth before due to running out, and it made a little difference to how I felt (started feeling like a flare was coming on), but it went after a few days of starting the aza again.