• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Do you participate in any IBD related fundraising events?

Do you participate in any IBD fundraising events?

• Yes, I try to attend them somewhat regularly

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have in the past but not recently

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, as I am not aware of any done in my community

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No, as I am just not interested in participating in any

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Last year I started participating in the Heel N Wheel A-Thon, which is done throughout Canada. While Crohn's Disease had affected my family for a longer period of time than just last year, we were unaware of the fundraising event.

I was curious of who else here participated in a fundraising event. If you have please list what it was. If you have not (which is perfectly fine... this is not a thread to judge each other :)) I would like to know why you do not. Are you unaware of any events, dislike the organization running it, are unable to participate in the event for any reason or something else.

I participate in the yearly Heel N Wheel A-Thon, and this year remembered to have lunch at M&M's during their yearly BBQ fundraiser. There are other events that I do not participate in, and I really do not have a great reason for it. Partly is for not enough knowledge about the events, and partly is that I just am not taking the initiative to learn about them.

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

I havnt as of yet but my step dad cycled from skegness to nottingham and raised £500 for NACC , ON HIS OWN I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
devildee(donna2005)LOL said:
I havnt as of yet but my step dad cycled from skegness to nottingham and raised £500 for NACC , ON HIS OWN I WAS SO PROUD OF HIM
Wow that is really amazing! That was a great idea he had.

V

Valentina

I did the heal and wheel athon thing last year. I manged while I was the sickest Ive ever been, but this year I just had too much going on (work and a bit lazy) I meant to go, but am not organized enough I guess. I felt bad when I realized I was going to miss it though! does that count for anything? lol

U

ukstephie

Morning, I just found out about a 5k walk for the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation in August here in Los Angeles so we'll definately be participating, it's the first time I've found anything out here. It's about time we got some recognition!.

D

Donna

Well, currently I am doing Magnets For Crohn's, courtesy of my daughter!! So far, we have collected over $65!! And we only started doing it last week!!!! Anyone interested in buying a magnet can see my thread:

http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=543

I have donated to other charities such as The Diabetes Association, Breast Cancer Awareness, St. Jude's Children Hospital, etc. I am a sucker for a good cause!

Donna

J

JoJo

I am doing a 5k walk on Saturday for NACC, this will be the first time I have taken part in any fundraising for crohns/colitis. I have got upto about £200 so far.
www.justgiving.com/jocampbell is where you can sponsor me!!!!

Sorry had to get the plug in LOL

P

picsiechick

I didn't know about any fundraisers until after I was diagnosed in November. Turns out Kamloops (an hour away) has a pretty active chapter of the CCFC, and various fundraisers that I'll try to be a part of. (can you believe they did a pub crawl this year??) And there is a heal and wheel a thon in Kelowna (1/2 hour away) that I plan to ride in. In the past the only fundraising I've done has been for SPCA dog walks, so this will be interesting for me!
I'll le you know how it goes.

~T~

I'm active in the Heel- N-Wheel-A-Thon, the M&M barbeque day, pasta night and whatever else is going on.

The first Heel-n-Wheel-a-Thon I went to 10 years ago...I was a pledge earner, but couldn't physically participate, as I had been recently diagnosed, and watched from a lawn chair in a shadded area. I was just proud to be there and to help out.

My husband being a magician performed, and my singer/guitar playing son also volunteered his time and talent. We have made it a family affair and look forward to doing whatever we can to raise money for the cure! :)

I'm from Lebanon. And unfortunately people here are not much aware of Crohn's, because there are not many people affected by it. But I'm planning to launch some kind of event here and get people affected by this disease together. But I'm finding it a hard time meeting others with IBD who are open to communicating. I guess it's a cultural thing.... People here don't like to talk about their diseases a lot and be open with it....

I, on the contrary, tell everybody about my Crohn's, and try to educate any one i meet having IBD or other diseases, on proper diet, supplements, ........

Hi everyone,I have done the M&M barque but the wheel n' wheel A Thon. I don't know if they even do it around here.Is there a place where I can find out where the nearest one is, or maybe even start on.
~~~HUGS~~

I'm going to do the London Walk in June! It's for the Crohn's and Colitis UK charity! I'm so excited and have already managed to get some friends to join me as well as raise some money for it :)