• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help with anemia and nausea and bad cramps

hi i went to the doctor last week and my blood count has dropped again. my crohns causes me to suffer with anemia. which makes me have to get blood transfusions. i try to take my iron which works but it makes me so sick and nausea that i stop taking the iron and stART LOOSING BLOOD AND GETTING REALLY BAD NAUSEA AND ABDOMINAL CRAMPS. I NEED HELP. WHAT CAN I DO TO TRY TO RECTIFY THESE SITUATIONS. I TAKE HUMIRA SHOTS EVERY TWO WEEKS, I TAKE LEVSIN FOR PAIN AND LIALDA FOR DAILY MAINTENANCE. I ALSO TAKE PROTONIX WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT FOR THE ACID REFLUX.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community.

How long have you been on the Humira? And did it help for awhile then stop working? In addition, can you please list ALL your symptoms? Everything from pain to rashes to diarrhea.

All my best to you.