Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Pain During Intimacy

09-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
TwinkleToes

Pain During Intimacy

Hi all,

I'm hoping some lady friends on here can let me know if they have been experiencing the same problem as me. I wanted to know if Humira has caused you any pain whatsoever during intercourse. I have been dealing with some, especially after tonight. It was really bad to where I was curled up in the fetal position for about 10 minutes after. I looked online and it seems to be something that is not extremely common, but still possible. I have never experienced this before until I started my Humira a month ago. Has anyone else had this issue? Thank you in advance for your help.

Runner (Completed over 15 5K's, and one half-marathon!), Horseback Rider, Lover of the outdoors (especially when restrooms are around, wifey and Mama to two rescue dogs.

Medications:
4G Pentasa/day
40mg of Humira every week
175mg of Imuran daily
Prenatal Vitamin, Calcium/Magnesium, Iron/Vitamin C
09-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
abic

Hi Twinkle Toes,
I'm not sure about Crohns but I do know endometriosis causes this. I was diagnosed with this before IBD. Other symptoms of endo include pain during periods, heavy periods and longer than normal periods.

Current Meds:
Asacol 3.2 g/day, Azathioprine 100mg/day, Allopurinol 50mg/day (to metobolise AZA correctly).

Past Meds:
Prednisone; Pentasa Enemas
09-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
abic

In other words, I'd go to the doc and get checked out. No one should have to put up with that! Good luck with everything!
09-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
TwinkleToes

The weird thing is, that this has never happened before. Apparently there was a study done about this by theFDA, so I think that might be it. But, if it happens again I will go to see my Doctor.
09-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #5
lola99

I've had this before but I also got swelling and horrible pressure and pain. It was due to a bacterial infection. Antibiotics, hormones, sex, etc can throw you off. Get your gyno to check you out. I also had pain when inflammation was at its worst. Now that I'm on humira I've had no issues.
09-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #6
TwinkleToes

Lola - That sounds a lot like what I dealt with. It was a lower pelvic pressure. I will definitely go to see my Gyno.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Pain During Intimacy