• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to all of this

J

JillianB82

So after reading posts for the past few days, I have decided to finally write a post myself.

Here is my story: For the past few years I have had "bathroom" issues. Having to go right after I are, or sometimes even in the middle of a meal. Everything seemed to kind of slow down until August of 2008. I went to work one morning almost feeling like a I had the flu. I tried to work through the day, but being a Pre-School Teacher & having to go to the bathroom all day long just does not work out. After the 3rd day of being in the bathroom with everything coming out of both ends I took myself to Urgent Care. There I was put on an IV to get fluids into me & was told I probably just had a bad bacteria in my intes & in a few days it would past. Welp, 2 days later it hadn't & that's when the blood showed up, coming out of both ends. I went back to UC & was told the same thing, bacteria in my ints. I was given a rectal exam, FUN, & 2 containers to take stool samples. Long story short, nothing was ever found. 2 weeks passed & nothing changed, so I found a "Family Dr" & began to see her. She did a ton of blood work, another rectal exam, I had an ultrasound done, & after it going on & on for months, she finally gave me the number of a GI Spec. I saw him for the 1st time back in Feb. & having blood work done with him, he scheduled me for the conlonoscopy. After drinking the lovely MoviPrep I went to the hospital the next morning, where my Dr. found that I was in the early stages of Crohns. It was a relief to know that I actually had something & that I was not crazy, but at the same time, the FEAR of not knowing what the future holds for me, kicked in. He put me on Entocort 3 times a day in the morning & I actually went in this past Mon. & had an Upper GI, where he removed some inflamed tissue from my stomach.

I keep telling myself, things could be alot worse & thank goodness they found it early. I also thank God every day that I have friends & family that understand, well as best they can, to what is going on.

So in a nutshell that is my story! I can not wait to get to know some of you & with any luck we can get through this together!!!

Welcome! you found the right place! if u got any questions feel free to post them. We all have gone threw it lol

Hey Jillian;
Great to have you here. I totally relate about fearing for the future.... more flares, medications, surgeries, hemmorhoids, fistulas... all kinds of complications and scariness. All we can do is take it one day at a time for now, and try to arm ourselves with knowledge and take care of ourselves the best we can to try and avoid these things. Great big hugs, we can do this!

-Sharon

welcome to the forums Jillian. you have definitly come to the right place for good info and friends to meet! good luck, i hope the entocort is working for you

:welcome:

How is the entocort working, that was the best med I have found so far, the Dr has been talking about getting me back on it.

J

JillianB82

Thanks for the ideas, as for the bananas, I found out years ago I am allergic. LOL Gawd how I miss them!

Pen said:
Welcome Jillian, being a teacher is hard enough but running to the bathroom is tough. Check into getting some Cholestyramine, you take how much you need. Trying bananas in the morning. Helps to bind, some people anyways. Avoid salad, that really has a bearing on the D. Digestive enzymes help break down the food so you dont have your intestines doing all the work. Entocort is alot better than Prednisone, I have been on it. Probiotics can help too. Good luck.

J

JillianB82

Some what....it seems like I will not go to the bathroom for 2 days, but still have the urge to go, but nothing comes out. Then for the next 3 days, the big D is BACK, maybe 3 or 4 times a day. Then the cycle repeats itself. I go back to the Dr. on April 1st to go over everything from the colonoscopy & the Upper GI & to discuss how my meds are working.

My Butt Hurts said:
Hi Jillian - welcome to the forum!
Have your symptoms improved at all on the entocort?

J

JillianB82

Read the reply above :ylol2:

mRae85 said:
:welcome:

How is the entocort working, that was the best med I have found so far, the Dr has been talking about getting me back on it.

J

JillianB82

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Glad to finally feel like I'm not alone.

hi Jillian, & welcome :)

you're definitely not alone lol

i remember that feeling when i was finally told i had Crohns, i agree, its a mixture of fear and relief.

glad you found us, and i look forward to seeing you around the forum.