• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help I'm juicing blind I need help!!!!

I've started juicing to try and help eliminate my acid reflux and stomach issues I'm on meds but that's not enough I wanna reverse the damage I've done to myself by being as healthy as I possibly can!! I need some good recipes to try out cause I have no clue were to beging I know ginger is good for ur stomach but other than that I'm at a lose so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

hey. id look up organic natural healing for you're disease. lots of good advice. i feel gmos are harmful. i did alot of broccoli and cauliflower when i was juicing and medical mj but thats my preference of medicine. i hope this helps some. good luck!

kale and spinach seem to blend up well for me without having an overpowering taste...I do a shake with frozen cranberries, baby kale, frozen blueberries, goats milk kefir (casein and lactose free), and coconut water. I'm about to try to ween off all my meds so I'm doing a liquid diet at the moment and need my smoothies to have plenty of protein so I have been using garden of life raw vegetable protein (not advertising for it, but it seems to be very easy on my digestive system and good for you). have been buying a lot of naked juice as well. I have terrible acid reflux also and adding the goats milk kefir seems to curb the acid reaction I would normally have from the fruit. But then again the 40 mg of Prilosec per day also help quite a bit.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
to attempt to eliminate your acid reflux you must first understand the common causes:

These are other common risk factors for acid reflux disease:
Eating large meals or lying down right after a meal
Being overweight or obese
Eating a heavy meal and lying on your back or bending over at the waist
Snacking close to bedtime
Eating certain foods, such as citrus, tomato, chocolate, mint, garlic, onions, or spicy or fatty foods
Drinking certain beverages, such as alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee, or tea
Smoking
Being pregnant
Taking aspirin, ibuprofen, certain muscle relaxers, or blood pressure medications
http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/guide/what-is-acid-reflux-disease
I am not too familiar with using juicing to curb acid reflux but I have heard that carrot juice and apple juice are reasonable produce to try for GERD.

Good luck and let us know if you find any good recipes!

yea I am def familiar with the causes, but at this point im pretty sure that crohn's is causing my acid reflux because sometimes, even with 40 mg of Prilosec per day, a glass of water will give me acid reflux and I'm not overweight and know to avoid acidic foods and all that I've had days where Ive taken 80 mg of Prilosec, tums, and pepto but still had heartburn that wouldn't go away so I am not sure if Jison0612 has relentless reflux like this or not but I do the juicing for my intestines, not for the reflux, I think juicing just makes your entire digestive system do less work which I could see may help with acid reflux as juice prob doesn't sit in your stomach as long

handful of frozen blueberries
handful of fresh pineapple chunks
tablespoon of coconut oil
handful of spinach
splash of carrot juice
splash of coconut water
splash of goats milk kefir (almost no lactose, no casein)
some fresh ginger