• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello everyone

Hello everyone,
I came across the forum whilst looking up crohns on the net.

I have had crohns for just over 10 years now, initially I was able to maintain
it with Asacolon medication but over time it has got progressively worse. For around a year and a half I was given Infliximab at the hospital and this managed to keep it under control, however unfortunately I developed a potentially fatal allergic reaction to it and I had stop.

I am now currently on the human form of inflixmab and so far it has generally
kept things under control unfortunately now however it seems like the cramps are returning and I am loosing blood again.

Unfortunately I have also now seemed to have developed what the doctors
suspect is penile crohns, this is awaiting confirmation by biopsy in a months time.

So yeah I had just got used to having crohns and now it seems it has spread so I am feeling quite depressed lately.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome to the forum. So sorry - that sounds awful. I hope this gets sorted out quickly.

Hi DJW,
Thanks for the welcome :) , yah I just find it very frustrating, I
got used to the crohns being there, if I was in pain and someone
noticed I would be like "ah well just my crohns as normal"

But not it has spread it feels like a whole new disease and Ive not
really been able to find a whole lot about penile crohns, other
than that it is uncommon?

DJW

Forum Monitor
I had no idea it existed until you mentioned it. I looked it up and it's definitely uncommon. As if crohns isn't bad enough.