Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Finished prednisone course

09-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
moose185

Finished prednisone course

I just finished my prednisone course I have to be honest my symptoms are all back in full force. I'm in a lot of pain the swelling in the joints is really bad just now. I don't know what to do i'm not seeing my GI till 6 weeks. Has anyone had the same issue after using predinisone where it didn't work?

moose.
09-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
Huskers1010

I just finished my prednisone course I have to be honest my symptoms are all back in full force. I'm in a lot of pain the swelling in the joints is really bad just now. I don't know what to do i'm not seeing my GI till 6 weeks. Has anyone had the same issue after using predinisone where it didn't work?
Did
moose.
Did it not work at all
09-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
moose185

It helped at the high dose of 40mg but once I tapered down all the symptoms came back.
09-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #4
Clash
Forum Monitor

That tends to happen quite often with Pred, at certain a dosage(different for most people but usually around 40mg) the pred knocks down the inflammation but as you taper all the symptoms return.

I would contact your GI's office and let them know you have tapered off and all the symptoms are back. Generally the GI starts you on a maintenance med such as Imuran or Methotrexate or even a biologic while you are on the pred since the maintenance meds can take up to 3 months to get to therapeutic levels.
dx March 2012 CD

CURRENT MEDS: MTX injections, Stelara

Dx May 2014: JSpA
8/2014 ileocecectomy
9/2017 G tube

PAST MEDS: remicade, oral mtx, humira

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Finished prednisone course