• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctors are baffled

I am a 57 year old female that was diagnosed with Crohns in 1995. At the time I had acute appendicitis due to Undiagnosed Crohns. Since then I've been on prednisone for 18 months, Cipro Flagyll, imuran, and other antibiotics. 9 years ago I started Remicade because I have 2 fistulii. I had wonderful results with the Remicade until 6 months ago. Let me also state that during the change of seasons I would get slight flare ups. Now I have the Doctors baffled. For the last 6 months I get pain that originates in my right lower quadrant where my infected intestine is and goes to the center of my stomach,very similar to intense labor pains!!! I get them when I climb the stairs, running to my car and any other intense exertion. It brings me to my knees. I breath similar to childbirth breaths. They last 1-3 minutes. after they subside Im fine. No ONE seems to know why! Cat scans MRI's, colonoscopies..reveals nothing. Now I'm scheduled for MRA to check blood vessels in small and large intestine. DRS never had this problem brought to them. Anyone out ther ever experience this?

I have similar symptoms & had the mra 6 months ago before I saw Gastro #4

She scoped me from both directions & put me on Pentasa

Need to have yet another upper Gi with sbft

Hope you get some answers & relief soon