Share Facebook

08-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #31
vongoh

My Support Groups:
There's a book out now called "Missing Microbes" by Martin J. Blaser, MD that really hit home with me and my take on how gut disbiosis is at the root of so many maladies. It was available at my local library, so must be up there on the popularity list. But I've been able to renew it twice, so not popular enough in my town. Every doctor should be required to read it.
Good tip! Thanks, I found it here on Amazon and put it on my list 'to read':

Missing Microbes:
http://amzn.to/1r5JFtR
08-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #32
amwolf2

Vongoh,

what do you think about taking a multi-vitamin? I don't eat very healthy (the exact reason why I probably have Crohn's) and I'm sure I am lacking in nutrients, so I feel like I should probably take vitamins, but I know so many of them have fillers and such. I was thinking of trying the RAW code brand.

Just curious if you take any, and your thoughts?

Thanks
08-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #33
amwolf2

Also, where do I get the cannabis oil, and how do i take it, and how much?
08-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #34
vongoh

My Support Groups:
Vongoh,

what do you think about taking a multi-vitamin? I don't eat very healthy (the exact reason why I probably have Crohn's) and I'm sure I am lacking in nutrients, so I feel like I should probably take vitamins, but I know so many of them have fillers and such. I was thinking of trying the RAW code brand.

Just curious if you take any, and your thoughts?

Thanks
Well I personally don't take one right now, and haven't since my diagnosis 4 years ago. I take 5000 units of Vitamin D and a couple of zinc tablets everyday - because both of those have shown indications that they specifically fight Crohns and related symptoms.

I tend to think that my diet is giving me most of the vitamins and minerals I need - its full of organic vegetables and a variety of clean protein sources.

But I have considered adding a multi. If I did I would try and find a quality liquid brand as that would be easiest for the gut to absorb if (knock wood) I ever have another flare. I've been in total remission for a least 8 months now.
08-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #35
vongoh

My Support Groups:
Also, where do I get the cannabis oil, and how do i take it, and how much?
Can't really help you with the first question, that depends on the state you live in and/or whether or not you have any friends that can help you with that.

The oil is taken as a capsule. Even when cut and prepared with coconut oil its pretty strong. So you really only want to take one cap at a time, at least as a maintainance / healing dose while in remission.

I also take it in the evening after the work day is done because otherwise it will interfere. Also it has a slow onset, so if I take it at around 7PM I wont even start feeling any effects until 830 or 9PM - perfect for doing some creative work or watching a movie etc before bed. As a bonus it makes you sleep like a baby and wake up totally refreshed.

If I were in a flareup and trying to fight it - I would take up to 3 caps a day. At that point I would be bedridden anyway. When I was in a flareup the canna was the main thing that relieved my suffering, it killed all the nausea and made the fight bearable.
08-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #36
amwolf2

If I can't get the canna oil, is there another oil I could take (I think maybe you mentioned it in your history) that could help somewhat? Fish oil or flax or something?

Thanks!!