Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Can you get waxed while on pred?

09-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
LNS87

Can you get waxed while on pred?

I am starting pred this week for a flare, and just realized I had a waxing appointment scheduled for next week. I know pred makes skin more sensitive/thin, so is it safe to get waxed while taking it or should i cancel my appointment?

Thanks.
09-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
SoOoO CoNfuSeD

My Support Groups:
Hellos,

No idea if this is going to be helpful at all to you, but i waxed while on Prednisone and didn't really feel a difference. It was equally as painful as it usually is. lol.... it wasn't even something i considered while on prednisone.

Good luck!
09-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Jennifer
Adminstrator

For waxing its recommended that you talk to your doctor about any concerns. http://hairremoval.about.com/od/waxi...x-warnings.htm I've never waxed before yet I've seen many members suggest/recommend waxing to other members about any unusual hair growth while on (and caused by) Prednisone. You have a lot of time until next week so give your doctor a call and let us know what they say.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Can you get waxed while on pred?