Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Low Dose Naltrexone » How to get LDN prescribed in Tennessee?

09-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
ce1210

My Support Groups:
How to get LDN prescribed in Tennessee?

I plan to ask my doctor about LDN Thursday (or should I say tell my doctor about LDN...) but I cant find any evidence of an LDN compounding pharmacy in my area. So even if my doc will prescribe it (which I doubt), where the heck would I get it?
09-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
Searchingforhealth

My Support Groups:
You can get it from Skips Pharmacy in Boca Raton, Fl. I ordered it from Williams Apothecary in Lancaster , PA. They did the compounding for the LDN phase 2 trial in PA. Very nice to deal with and fast service.good luck!
09-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
Jmrogers4

You can also do a pretty much any compounding pharmacy. I gave our local compounding pharmacy explicit instructions on compounding it as well as Skip's pharmacy phone number.

Mom to Jack (18) dx Crohn's 2/2010
Vitamin D -2000mg
Remicade - started 1/9/14; 7.5ml/kg every 6 weeks
Centrum for Him teen multivitamin
Past meds: Imuran/Azathioprine; allopurinol; methotrexate; LDN; Prednisone; Apriso; Pentasa; EEN

Husband dx Crohn's 3/1993
currently none due to liver issues
09-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
ce1210

My Support Groups:
ok so I can have a prescription filled by an out of state pharmacy and mailed to me? huh interesting, not sure about local compounding pharmacy but I guess maybe my doc would know...I have a feeling he is going to shoot down the whole LDN thing tho based on our prior meetings he already thinks im nuts for being on a liquid diet and taking lots of probiotics (according to him both are a waste of time and money and the only thing I need to avoid are overly fatty foods and dairy)
09-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Jmrogers4

Absolutely, this is done quite often and there are many mail-order pharmacies. Skip is inexpensive and knows what he is doing
10-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
ce1210

My Support Groups:
thanks again, asked my doc for it, he prescribed it (reluctantly), and I filled it at a local compounding pharmacy no problem!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Low Dose Naltrexone » How to get LDN prescribed in Tennessee?