• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sinuses and breathing

Does anyone have a lot of sinuses pressure and trouble breathing with there Crohn's? It seems like for me they go hand and hand when I'm flaring I have constant sinuse pressure and kinda trouble breathing I thank may brim the nose stuff though?

i have a history of horrible sinus problems including polyps and have already had sinus surgery a few years ago. don't get me wrong the results of the surgery were wonderfull but the pain of the surgery is god awful and I do not know if I would have it again

I'm new on here and I'm having the same problem I was diagnosed last year after avoiding the hospital for a long time was in college no insurance and no money but finally went due to two weeks of horrid abdominal pain. oct 15 will be one year diagnosed. Anywhos so I am on Humira and it has worked wonders for me well compared to how I felt a year ago but I'm still having some intestinal pain and all that great stuff. But what I'm trying to say lol is that now I'm having what u mention which I've always have had sinus issues and allergies and I have huge tonsils what I'm worried about is I have had this cold/ sore throat/ trouble breathing and even had some well idk if it's heart burn acid reflex or what but on top of all that I have noticed that I have white gunk on my tonsils and if I press the back of my tongue down I can see more white gunk and some bubbly looking bumps. Also I have a lymph node on the right side of my neck which they did blood work for and I notice when it swells the back of my throat past my tonsils looks swollen. Sorry for all the explanation but it's starting to creep me out and I've heard you can have crohns of the throat has anyone ever experienced that ?? Or have any info on it ??

I don't think I have but who knows? I know Crohn's can inflame anywhere from the mouth to butt so it's possible and indigestion and acid reflux can cause a lot of horrible issues from severe chest and back pain and trouble breathing an if ur like me symptoms like these cause severe anxiety and make them worse!!! I couldn't believe the difference prilosec made for my symptoms I still have chest pressure and burp a lot but were I am now from were I was a few months ago is unreal!!! Also I hae a duodenal ulcer trying to heal so maybe that's where a lot of my issues are coming from anyways do not rule out acid indigestion even if it's not in ur throat u can steal be getting it and also anxiety can make ur sinuses worse ur throat swell ur chest to hurt ur back to hurt and actually cause ur Crohn's to flare!! It did me and I did t start to improve until I have it all to GOD and started to relax so I suggest prilosec otc 20mg a day for a long time I'm talking three months even try one in the morning and one at night 40mg all together and pray pray pray that all ur anxiety be taken away I promise Ull see ur symptoms slowly go away oh yeah and talk to ur gut and butt dr about it!!

Well thank you for the insight and I bet your right it is probably heart burn or acid reflex. And yes I did know that crohns can be anywhere from one end to the other but I haven't heard many people talk about getting it or having it act up in the throat so I thought I'd ask.. I went to the docs yesterday they are doing a full throat culture to check me for anything and everything so if it is an infection I can get it taken care of. I do believe being on Humira has weaker my immune system significantly. Also thanks for the insight on anxiety. Luckily however I do not have problems with that i like you mention just pray and leave it all up to God there is nothing in my power I can do so no sense in getting worked up over stuff :) and I get what you mean when you say crohns and sinus issues go hand in hand. Hope y'all have a great weekend and feel better