Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Just started 40mg prednisone

10-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Joe43

Just started 40mg prednisone

Hi, I was just diagnosed with Crohn's disease and started on 40mg of prednisone (20 mg, twice a day) yesterday. All of yesterday and today so far I've been feeling pretty foggy headed and distracted. Things feel kinda slow motion sometimes. I didn't notice this on the list of common side effects, so I thought I'd ask about it. Anyone else get this? I'm hoping it goes away since I'm not sure how I'll be able to concentrate for my classes.
10-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
Justanothercp

My Support Groups:
Made me a little foggy at first, but then it made me really hyped up. Anxious, jittery and had difficulty sleeping. I also had a very hard time tapering off.
It helped though, a necessary evil....
10-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
CrohnsChicago
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Prednisone is the wonderful drug with many side effects both highs and lows. Fogginess is not uncommon, but most people tend to be more keyed up and unable to focus in general because of it.

Here's a list that breaks down a good deal of the side effects:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-9383...0&pagenumber=6
Past Meds:
Prednisone/ Entocort / Flagyl
Current Supplements:
B12 Shot (1cc/mo) / Multivitamin / Vitamin D (1000iu) / Calcium (1200mg) / Omega 3 Fish Oil (4800mg)
Additional Info:
Anemia/Borderline Anemia - whole life
Generalized Anxiety Disorder - 2009 (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, mindfulness meditation)

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Just started 40mg prednisone