• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Wish to be pain free

Hi I was diagnosed with crohns when I was 5 years old. When I was 16 I had my large bowl removed and had the bag. At the age of 19 I had the reversal all was great. But the last two years I have been a lot of pain. I had an op to drain a fistula but it has come back and due to have the seton stitch back.
I'm needing some help with diets me and my partner have been looking at a SCD diet and was wondering if was any good.

nogutsnoglory

Welcome to out crohn's family.

Have you read Breaking the Vicious Cycle? That is the book that started it all on the SCD diet. Many people have had success with it but it's also a tough regiment to follow. Definitely check out the links clash posted. We have many on here who are on or have tried the diet.

Thank you for the advice I'm willing to try anything at the moment I have ordered some books with information and recipes so hopefully it works because at the moment I'm on humira and if this doesn't I will have to have the bag back for the rest of my life.

nogutsnoglory

How long have you been on Humira? It can take up to 3 months to see the full effects of the drug.

"Some people taking HUMIRA noticed a significant difference in their symptoms in as little as four weeks. However, individual results will vary.
Among patients who were not in response by week 12, therapy continued beyond 12 weeks did not result in significantly more responses.
In two clinical studies, more than half of the patients who took HUMIRA had significant symptom relief, versus about 1 out of 3 who took placebo. In the same studies, 36% and 21% of patients who took HUMIRA achieved remission, versus 12% and 7% who took placebo. Results were at four weeks."

http://m.humira.com/Crohns/Faq

I did try the infusion but on the 3rd one I stopped breathing and the one was to help with the inflammation and the fistula they said it was mouse based and the humira is human based

nogutsnoglory

You may need to switch to another drug like Cimzia or add on a drug like 6mp. Have you discussed your symptoms with your GI?

Yeah I was there yesterday because of the way I was when I was child on how fast and nasty it went so this is my last medication then it's the bag