• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newbie for Crohn's

Hello my name is Dawn and I was diagnosed with Crohn's on 9/24/13. I was just released from the hospital for the second time in the past 4 weeks. My co-workers found this sight and sent it to me and I am so glad they did. The doctor's were making me feel like the pain was all in my head and that there was nothing wrong. I am having severe pain in my right abdominal area and into my back. My blood tests are not normal and they just keep changing my meds but yet there is nothing they can do for me. They did ct(s) and mri(s) but they say show nothing. I did have colonoscopie with a biopsy that showed Crohn's. I am thinking that the pain has something to do with my appendix but since they can't see anything on the scans they are saying that it can't be. Has anyone else gone through this? I am so glad for this site and please send any advice my way.

Dawn

Hi Dawn. I'm so sorry that you are in pain. I don't know why doctors so often insinuate that our pain isn't real instead of simply saying that they don't know what is causing it. It really adds insult to injury. :(

Maybe you need to find more compassionate doctors?

Hope you feel better soon!