• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Treatment story-personal experience

Hello Everyone. First of all I would like to mention that my English is not very good so please excuse me if you found some mistakes of what I am going to write.

I am not sure if I am in the right place to write this or not but I hope I am.

I understand what crohn's disease can cause to anyone physically and psychologically. I have been there, I remember the first time I have been diagnosed with it. I remember all the frustration that reached me. But I think no one should let crohn's take over their life and feel depressed or anything.

I have been diagnosed with crohn's on my second year of university and what a time to get diagnosed with such a disease. I still remember that like if it was yesterday. I refused to take alot of medicines and wanted to go into a trip alone without my doctor. I decided that I will cure it by myself.

Let me tell you about some procedures I have taken and it really impacted me well and most of these procedures really really make since and some of them maybe don't.

And those worked for me, it might not work for everyone but it worth a shot.

First thing I did was Drinking alot of water. it's hilarious the amount of water I was drinking, it was frustrating that I have to go to the bathroom every hour. I used to drink around 8 Liters a day. I am 160 lb and this is so much for me. that was really the best thing ever, the pain became much less. ( those 8 liters i was distributing them on the day and 2 litres after I woke up in the morning is really important )

Second thing was honey, I was taking alot of raw organic honey.. different types, Manuka was good and I tried different local types. I used to eat honey a lot and i used to mix half liter of water after 1.5 liters in the morning with honey. warm water and honey. amazing cure, honey is really famous to cure anything where I come from.

Third thing is Fibre intake, for some reason, my mom who has totally no medical experience noticed that whenever i have salad or fruits i feel pain so she cut me out of fibre product for a week in a period where i had alot of pain days and wow that week i was totally fine. now i know how important is fibre intake for our bodies but I would cut it for a while with drinking water and honey to give my body some painless days.

Fourth, spicy and oily food.. this is so bad i stopped having them and won't ever go back to them. sometimes i crave some fried food or food with some spices but my health is first so i don't go back there.

Fifth, dividing your food on small quantities instead of big meals. big meals are difficult to be digested.

Sixth, Sport, i don't know how this could effect but maybe blood flow or something. i used to jog for miles a day and if you can't jog walking or swimming can have same effect.

Seventh, Forget about it and apply above.

I really don't want to see anyone suffer this, and this worked with me, and as a human being i have the nature like everyone else to see everyone happy and having a good life. We have been created to live in one world and love and care about each other. I hope this reduce the pain attacks for anyone whos suffering this. and as I said, this worked with me, i hope it works with everyone else. :)

valleysangel92

Staff member
Hello, welcome to our community

Have you had any medications at all in this time? What about testing?

It's great that you are feeling better, but I would urge you to be careful. Crohns can be a very sneaky thing and you can sometimes feel as though you are better but the disease is lurking in the background. You may have inflammation or scarring that you are unaware of if you havent been getting regular follow up.

Also, since you have cut a large number of things out of your diet, it would be very easy for you to have vitamin and mineral deficiencies, so I would advise getting these checked and if appropriate then start some basic supplements.

I am glad that you have found relief, but remember this isn't a long term cure, crohns has no current cure and so you are likely to suffer another flare up. If/when this time comes it is important to seek testing and follow up.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum. Your ideas are good, especially about drinking water and exercising. But I also agree with Valleysangel about seeing your doctor regularly and giving more consideration to medications too. As she said, if you don't have regular follow-ups to check on the progression of your illness, and if you don't treat the inflammation, it could be doing damage that you may not know about (damage to the intestines can happen even if you have no symptoms). Some people seem to do okay going the natural route, but most of us need medications to keep our illnesses under control.