• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

::update:: and now...lupus

Well I saw the rhumatologist. I confused him but overall he was not concerned. He still did a blood panel and a urinalysis. When the blood work started coming back everything was normal the last one came back and it was abnormal. He asked me to come in sooner than planned. Im not sure exactly which blood result the abnornal one is if its related to the medicine or what. He left a message that was slightly unclear. I see him next week though so hoping for a clearer answer. Itd suck if it was medicine related. Im finally in a decent place id hate to have to go through a medicine switch all over again...though I guess thatd happen anyway...

I dont think I have lupus, at least not "real" lupus. He wasnt very clear in the voicemail. I beleive the last vial that the results came back for was checking my medicine, when he left the message he said "the last results came in abnormal im not sure what that means for your medicine..." so if its lupus its most likly drug induced lupus. Again I see him next week and plan to update the thread once I see him and have a clearer picture of whats happening.

On the other hand I am vitamin d deficient lol.

Alright so the Dr said today I don't have lupus...I have drug induced lupus. The Remicade is causing lupus like symptoms (joint pain etc) however the Remicade has improved my quality of life and the symptoms aren't bad so I'm staying on the Remicade and will see the rheumatologist every few months to see if the symptoms are getting worse...basic maintenance type things.