• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Indigestion and nauseous!

So my fatigue is awful right now I'm having awful sinus pressure and what seems like dry eyes, and awful burping and indigestion with upper abdoman an upper back pain plus I have a constant dull/mild nauseous feeling. Could this all be from a duodenal ulcer? Or does this sound more like Crohn's? Also general body aches all over and did I mention FATIGUE!!!!

Rough. seems to be a flu/cold making the rounds. Really tough to tell the difference with the nausea but the sinus pressure, headache body-ache is more of the cold flu thing. Seems to last about 8-10 days and the 7th is the worst. Fever at about 101 to 102. The fatigue lingered the whole time and the nausea did too.
TG for saltines, ensure and boost! Drink plenty of water. Hope you feel better soon.
As always see your Dr. ;)

Sounds like you've got quite a bit going on there.

My indigestion was caused by an ulcer but I have never suffered from it again since being prescribed Lansoprazole. Although the effect this has had on my crohns is questionable.

Hope your able to get some reprieve soon :hug:

I get sick feeling when i'm having a flare up, also tired because it's draining to feel like that all the time.
However, it could also be a iron or vitamin deficiency or some sort because I felt my most tired when I was low on iron (bad absorption due to the crohns).

When I'm flaring I get totally exhausted. I think the inflammation takes everything out of my body.

The symptoms of a cold can be really similar to a crohn's attack, but I don't believe I have ever had the sinus issues as a result of crohn's. My vote goes for a cold or flu on this one. The other symptoms I do also get as a result of a hernia. I get a lot of relief from rabeprazole on that one.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it I have another question I'm about to post keep a eye out for it it's gross!!!! Lol

Have you tried eliminating grains from your diet? I had similar symptoms and I eliminated grains for 30 days - soreness gone, more energy, better sleep - I really believe it is worth a shot - this tactic has worked in about 80% of the folks I have advised.

Have you tried eliminating grains from your diet? I had similar symptoms and I eliminated grains for 30 days - soreness gone, more energy, better sleep - I really believe it is worth a shot - this tactic has worked in about 80% of the folks I have advised.
I've had the same experience after cutting out grains and high fibre foods.